CH: Trajet Bodensee - Milan sur A2 (Saint-Gotthard) ou A13

Forum für alles über die Schweizer Autobahnen und Strassen.
Forum for everything about switzerlands motorways and roads.
Bienvenue francophones.
Barbo
user

CH: Trajet Bodensee - Milan sur A2 (Saint-Gotthard) ou A13

Post by Barbo »

Bonjour,

un dimanche d'été, je voudrais faire le voyage de Radolfzell (Allemagne) à Milan. Avec pratiquemment la même distance, qu'est-ce qui va être plus rapide - prendre les autoroutes A1, A2 (Zurich, Schwyz, Bellinzona) et le tunnel de Saint-Gotthard (j'ai entendu dire qu'il y avait pas mal d'embouteillages) ou l'autoroute A13 - Kreuzlingen; Sankt-Margarethen, Chur, Bellinzona (apparemment pas d'autoroute sur une partie du trajet) ? Merci pour des conseils.

[ I will be travelling on a summer Sunday morning from Radolfzell (Germany) to Milan (Italy). The distance on A2 (Zurich, Schwyz, Bellinzona) is practically the same as on A13 (Kreuzlingen, Sankt Margarethen, Chur). I've read that I may risk traffic jams at the entrance of the Saint-Gotthardt tunnel [A2], but the A13 is partially only an expressway with no separated dual lanes and speed limits to 100 km/h or 80 km/h. Which of the routes do you think will be faster ?
Thank you in advance for your tips.]
Barbo
user

Re: CH: Trajet Bodensee - Milan sur A2 (Saint-Gotthard) ou A

Post by Barbo »

Personne ne répond ... Merci quand même :(

[Nobody answers.Nevertheless, thank you :( ]
Fred
Autobahn

Post by Fred »

Don't worry... There will be time till summer...

And think of the mountains and the cheese: both aren't built up in a few days...

reg.
Fred
RMN
Site Admin

Post by RMN »

Hi Barbo

Personally, in your situation, I would take San Bernadino, due to the risk of the Gotthard traffic jam.
In addition, the Gotthard motorway has many tunnels with a speed limit of 80-100 as well as the road between Schwyz and Altdorf has a speed limit of 80 as well.

Furthermore, the San Bernadino Route is more scenic.

In case you are travelling with a trailer or a camper van, then I'd prefer Gotthard.

Regards,
Barbo
user

Post by Barbo »

You've convinced me. I'll be heading south through San Bernardino. Thank you guys for your tips.

[Vous m'avez convaincu. Je foncerai vers le sud en prenant la route de San Bernardino. Merci les gars pour vos conseils]